A lovely Winter One-Day Ayurveda Cookery Course organised by Maharishi AyurVeda Health Centre Rendlesham which will be hosted at the adjacent Peace Palace.
Dr Rajvinder Kaur has a six year degree in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from the Shri Krishna AYUSH University in Kurukshetra, India. She has a diploma in naturopathy as well as Yoga science and is a qualified Yoga teacher.
Rajvinder worked in General Medicine in India and specialised in women’s healthcare. She has been in Ireland since 2007 where she specialises in Ayurvedic treatments and consultations.
Rajvinder also runs cookery courses, where her wealth of knowledge of herbs, spices, healthy eating and the preparation of Ayurvedic meals is exhibited and she is an accomplished teacher.
DATE: Saturday 14 December
TIME: 11am – 4pm
COST: £75 including lunch
TO BOOK T: 01394 548764 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
VENUE: Maharishi Peace Palace
OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION OPTION:
£79 per night bed and breakfast at Maharishi Peace Palace
This course offers both theory and demonstration of the preparation of many foods and beverages.
Some of the topics covered in the theory:
• Introduction to Ayurveda
• Understanding your Prakriti (body type) and choosing the correct foods for you.
• Concept of Agni (digestive fire) & Ama (biological toxins)
• Basic principles of Ayurvedic dietetics
• Preparation of different kinds of healthy recipes according to Ayurveda
• Ayurvedic cooking principles
Some of the food covered in the demonstration:
• “Mung Dal” a protein rich dish prepared with a mixture of herbs and spices
• Chai – Indian tea
• Lassi – a great digestive aid, that can be taken with meals – made with yogurt and water.
• Rice Pudding, stewed fruits
• Preparation of Ghee
• Preparing spice mixtures for your body type
• Chapati – Indian bread
• Golden milk immunity tonic
For more information like and follow us on our Facebook page.