Pomegranate Chutney Recipe
Pomegranate chutney is perfect for use a condiment with your meal.
– Aids digestion and elimination without aggravating Pitta.
– Improves regularity of elimination
– Helps to control stomach acid
– Decreases digestive gas
1) Dried pomegranate seeds — 8 teaspoons
2) Rock salt (or some natural salt) — 2 teaspoons
3) Black pepper powder — ¼ teaspoon
4) Cumin seeds — 2 teaspoons
5) Citric acid (or dried lemon juice) — ⅛ teaspoon
6) Pure cane sugar (Sucanat or Florida Crystals are good) — 2 to 5 teaspoons
1) Grind and powder all herbs and seeds separately.
2) Mix the first two herbs together.
3) Add one herb at a time, mixing well before adding another.
4) Produces a powdered mixture.
5) Store in an airtight container, for up to a month.
For grinding the pomegranate seeds, you will need a large grinder that can handle wet as well as dry herbs (you can find one at a gourmet cooking store).
For further reading on how diet can boost your immunity this winter check out our blog post looking into the the various ways Maharishi AyurVeda can help to ensure you stay healthy this coming winter period by clicking here.